ScopeValet™ Pull Thru™
Item # PT60C - 60 Pull Thru w. Cassette & Wall Mount
Item # PT60R - 60 Pull Thru
Item # PT180R - 180 Pull Thru
Item # PTSUP - Single Procedure User Packs
(contains 1 Pull Thru & 1 Stubby Brush)
The ScopeValet™ PULL THRU™ is an endoscope channel cleaning device, which can be effectively used to clean endoscope channels from 2.8mm to 5mm in a single pass. The PULL THRU™ is designed to significantly reduce the time required to manually clean endoscope channels and to improve the overall efficacy of the cleaning process.
The unique five wiper design of the ScopeValet™ PULL THRU™ provides a complete circumferential seal in the endoscope channel, thereby removing almost all residue in a single pass. The 360° seal creates a vacuum which draws detergent through the channel removing residue from crevices or other areas of minor damage in the channel. The vacuum also ensures the channel is completely filled with detergent to attack and remove bioburden.
- Effectively cleans endoscope channels from 2.8 to 5mm with a single pass.
- Unique wiper element design provides a complete circumferential seal in the endoscope channel with a piston like action thereby removing almost all residue.
- Reduces the time required to manually clean endoscope channels.
- Removes the residue bristle brushes leave behind, enabling detergents to attack and remove biofilm more effectively.
- PULL THRU™ action is consistent every time, which reduces any variation in cleaning method between users.
- Disposable/single use device, which removes the need for the complicated and expensive cleaning of traditional brushes.
- Scientifically proven to significantly enhance the efficiency of the cleaning process when compared to traditional bristle brushes.
- Wipers are constructed of soft plastic, non-abrasive material and will not harm the endoscope channel walls.
See the ScopeValet™ PULL THRU™ Difference
Scientific proof of superiority over existing brush technology
Birmingham Study: assessed the performance of a PULL THRU™ after one (1) pass through a pre contaminated channel against a bristle brush after five (5) passes through the channel. A Ninhydrin test was used to measure detectable protein and a visual inspection was made to detect soil. The results indicate that a single pass of the PULL THRU™ is as effective as 5 passes of the bristle brush tested against.Conclusion: A single pass of the PULL THRU™ is as effective as 5 passes of the bristle brush tested against.
Deventer Study: compares the amount of protein removal in the channel of a range of colonoscopes after brushing with reusable bristle brush, a single use bristle brush and a PULL THRU™. The device was passed down the channel of the colonoscope once when the scope was manually cleaned. The protein loading in the channels was measured prior and subsequent to cleaning.Conclusions: The PULL THRU™ removes 18% more atp (organic material) than brushing with a single use brush. The PULL THRU™ removes 30% more material than reusable brushes.
Charlton Study: Australian Infect Control 2007; 12(3): 81-90 The Charlton study measures the weight of pre loaded soil removed after a single pass of PULL THRU™ versus six passes of the bristle brushes the comparison was made against.Conclusion: The PULL THRU™ significantly increases cleaning efficiency, removing between 96% to 100% of residual soil on a single pass, compared to traditional brushes, which remove between 29% and 90% after three brushing cycles.
Working Channel: 2.8-5.0mm ID
Working Length: approximately 220cm
OLYMPUS ® /FUJINON ® /PENTAX ® GI Endoscopes
- Be sure to use the PULL THRU™ on wet channels.
- Open the pouch and remove the PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device from the package.
- Check the working channel inner diameter by inserting the PULL THRU™ head (2) into the distal end of the scope; if too tight or too loose check channel inner diameter against scope manufacturer’s instructions. The wipers should pass easily through the channel.
- Insert the short tip end 1 of the PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device into channels in the sequence described below. Advance the PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device using short 2cm strokes. Pull the device through the channels slowly to prevent spraying matter when the PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device head 2 exits the channel.
- Channel 1. Insert device into the suction cylinder through to the suction connector. If there is resistance, insert device through the suction connector to the suction cylinder. Once the short tip end 1 has exited the distal end of the suction channel, pull the device through the endoscope until it has passed completely through the suction channel. Check for soil on wipers 4 and 5. If there is soil, rinse and repeat step 5.
- Channel 2. Insert device into the suction cylinder through to the distal tip of endoscope. Once the short tip end 1 has exited the distal tip, pull the device through the GI endoscope until it has passed completely through this channel. Check for soil on wipers 4 and 5. If there is soil, rinse and repeat step 6.
- Channel 3. Insert the device into the biopsy channel port through to the distal tip of endoscope. Once the short tip end 1 has exited the distal tip of the biopsy channel, pull the device through the biopsy channel until it has passed completely through this channel. Check for soil on wipers 4 and 5. If there is soil, rinse and repeat step 7.
- Dispose of device after use.