CS/SPD Pull Thru™
Instrument & Scope Reprocessing
The CS/SPD Pull Thru™ is an instrument cleaning device, which can be effectively used to clean the hard-to-reach narrow lumen channels of laparoscopic and cannulated instruments in a single pass. The CS/SPD Pull Thru™ is designed to clean instruments with lumens from 3mm to 15mm. Use with Ruhof’s multi-tiered enzymatic detergents for more effective cleaning.
The unique four wiper design of the CS/SPD Pull Thru™ provides a complete circumferential seal in the lumen channel, thereby removing almost all residue in a single pass. The 360° seal creates a vacuum which draws detergent through the lumen removing residue from crevices or other areas of minor damage in the lumen. The vacuum also ensures the lumen is completely filled with detergent to attack and remove bioburden.
- Effectively cleans lumen channels from 3mm to 15mm with a single pass.
- Unique wiper element design provides a complete circumferential seal in the lumen with a piston like action thereby removing almost all residue.
- Reduces the time required to manually clean cannulated instruments.
- Removes the residue bristle brushes leave behind, enabling detergents to attack and remove bioburden more effectively.
- CS/SPD Pull Thru™ action is consistent every time, which reduces any variation in cleaning method between users.
- Disposable/single use device, which removes the need for the complicated and expensive cleaning of traditional brushes.
- Significantly improves cleaning efficiency when compared to traditional brushes.
- Wipers are constructed of soft plastic, non-abrasive material and will not harm the lumen walls.
Working Lumen: 3mm-15mm ID
Working Length: approximately 65cm
- Be sure to use the CS/SPD Pull Thru™ on wet lumen channels.
- Open the pouch and remove the CS/SPD Pull Thru™ lumen cleaning device from the package.
- Check that you are using the correct size CS/SPD Pull Thru™ by inserting the CS/SPD Pull Thru™ head 2 into the distal end of the instrument to be cleaned; if too tight or too loose check channel inner diameter against instrument manufacturer’s instructions.
- Insert the short tip end 1 of the CS/SPD Pull Thru™ into the proximal end of the instrument to be cleaned. Advance the device through the lumen and exit at the distal end, slowly pulling the device completely through.
- Check for soil on wipers 3 and 4. If there is soil, rinse and repeat step 4.
- Dispose of device after use.