ScopeValet™ Pull Thru™ Mini
Instrument & Scope Reprocessing
Channel/Lumen Cleaning Endoscope Care Products
Item # MPT60C - 60 Pull Thru Mini w. Cassette & Wall Mount
Item # MPT60R - 60 Pull Thru Mini
Item # MPT180R - 180 Pull Thru Mini
Item # MPTSUP - Single Procedure User Packs
(contains 1 Pull Thru Mini & 1 Stubby Brush)
A Revolutionary Single Use Endoscope Lumen Cleaning Device
Unique Three Wiper Design removes residue in a SINGLE PASS
Scientifically proven advancement over existing brush technology*
The ScopeValet™ PULL THRU™ MINI is an endoscope channel cleaning device used during manual cleaning, which is designed to effectively clean bronchoscopes and small channel GI Endoscopes with lumen channel sizes 1.4mm - 2.6mm with a single pass. The PULL THRU™ MINI is designed to significantly reduce the time required to manually clean endoscope channels and to improve the overall efficacy of the cleaning process when compared to traditional bristle brushes.*
The unique three wiper design of the ScopeValet™ PULL THRU™ MINI provides a complete circumferential seal in the endoscope channel, thereby removing almost all residue in a single pass. The 360° seal creates a vacuum which draws detergent through the channel removing residue from crevices or other areas of minor damage in the channel. The vacuum also ensures the channel is completely filled with detergent to attack and remove bioburden.
- Effectively cleans endoscope channels from 1.4 to 2.6mm with a single pass.
- Unique wiper element design provides a complete circumferential seal in the endoscope channel with a piston like action thereby removing almost all residue.
- Reduces the time required to manually clean endoscope channels.
- Removes the residue bristle brushes leave behind, enabling detergents to attack and remove bioburden more effectively.
- PULL THRU™ MINI action is consistent every time, which reduces any variation in cleaning method between users.
- Disposable/single use device, which removes the need for the complicated and expensive cleaning of traditional brushes.
- Scientifically proven to significantly enhance the efficiency of the cleaning process when compared to traditional bristle brushes.
- Wipers are constructed of soft plastic, non-abrasive material and will not harm the endoscope channel walls.
*Summary of Scientific Papers
Birmingham Study: assessed the performance of a PULL THRU™ after one (1) pass through a pre contaminated channel against a bristle brush after five (5) passes through the channel. A Ninhydrin test was used to measure detectable protein and a visual inspection was made to detect soil. The results indicate that a single pass of the PULL THRU™ is as effective as 5 passes of the bristle brush tested against.
Conclusion: A single pass of the PULL THRU™ is as effective as 5 passes of the bristle brush tested against.
Deventer Study: compares the amount of protein removal in the channel of a range of colonoscopes after brushing with reusable bristle brush, a single use bristle brush and a PULL THRU™. The device was passed down the channel of the colonoscope once when the scope was manually cleaned. The protein loading in the channels was measured prior and subsequent to cleaning.
Conclusions: The PULL THRU™ removes 18% more atp (organic material) than brushing with a single use brush. The PULL THRU™ removes 30% more material than reusable brushes.
Charlton Study: Australian Infect Control 2007; 12(3): 81-90 The Charlton study measures the weight of pre loaded soil removed after a single pass of PULL THRU™ versus six passes of the bristle brushes the comparison was made against.
Conclusion: The PULL THRU™ significantly increases cleaning efficiency, removing between 96% to 100% of residual soil on a single pass, compared to traditional brushes, which remove between 29% and 90% after three brushing cycles.
Directions for Use
Working Channel: 1.4-2.6 mm ID
Working Length: approximately 220cm
Compatible with OLYMPUS® / FUJINON® / PENTAX® Bronchoscopes and GI Endoscopes with channels in the designated range (1.4-2.6 mm ID)
- Be sure to use the PULL THRU™ MINI on wet channels.
- Open the pouch and remove the PULL THRU™ MINI channel cleaning device from the package.
- Check the working channel inner diameter by inserting the PULL THRU™ MINI head 2 into the distal end of the scope; if too tight or too loose check channel inner diameter against scope manufacturer’s instructions. The wipers should pass easily through the channel.
BRONCHOSCOPE SUCTION PORT: Insert the short tip end of the PULL THRU™ MINI channel cleaning device into the suction port. Advance the Mini PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device using short 2 cm strokes until it exits the distal end. Once through the distal end, grasp this end and pull the device slowly to prevent spraying matter when the Mini PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device head exits the channel.
BRONCHOSCOPE BIOPSY PORT: Insert the short tip 1 end of the PULL THRU™ MINI channel cleaning device into the biopsy port. Advance the Mini PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device using short 2 cm strokes until it exits the distal end. Once through the distal end, grasp this end and pull the device slowly to prevent spraying matter when the Mini PULL THRU™ channel cleaning device head exits the channel.
GI ENDOSCOPE CHANNEL 1: Insert device into the suction cylinder through to the suction connector. If there is resistance, insert device through the suction connector to the suction cylinder. Once the plastic sheath 1 has exited the distal end of the suction channel, pull the device through the endoscope until it has passed completely through the suction channel.
GI ENDOSCOPE CHANNEL 2: Insert device into the suction cylinder through to the distal tip of endoscope. Once the plastic sheath 1 has exited the distal tip, pull the device through the endoscope until it has passed completely through this channel.
GI ENDOSCOPE CHANNEL 3: Insert the device into the biopsy channel port through to the distal tip of endoscope. Once the plastic sheath 1 has exited the distal tip of the biopsy channel, pull the device through the biopsy channel until it has passed completely through this channel.
Dispose of the device after use.